Monday, November 2, 2015

Transferring Blog!

You can find this blog on our new website, www.unceasinglove.com . Please take a second to hop over there, bookmark, and join it because the current one will close soon.
I am working on writing the story of my healing in book form, but it's taking longer than I hoped. So in the meantime I needed a new website and didn't want it to have "cancer" in the name. I prayed about how it could reflect what should be the focus of all our lives, and God reminded me about the crux of my message--Love. I used to think He gave me the message of hope, but then He reminded me that "faith, hope, and love remain, but the greatest of these is love" (1 Cor 13:13). He is love, and although people through time tend to alter the definition of the term, the true Word reflects its meaning in some way through every page of the Bible. Everyone knows love is patient and kind, doesn't envy or boast, etc. (1 Cor 13:4-8). But love also speaks truth and does not leave a thief to steal, but lets him labor and do honest work (Ephesians 4:25, 28). Walking in love means forgiving people who don't deserve it, the way Jesus forgives us Every.Single.Day...
So, on this journey to walk in His unceasing love, I have summarized the basics of what I know:
I am a wife, mother, daughter, sister, friend.
I am messy, moody, short-sighted, forgetful, quick to anger, slow to listen.
But, I am the beloved daughter of royalty. My Father is the King of all Kings, the beginning and the end. He created me in His image, and finds me delightful.
And, I am just like you.
He knows every bad thing we have ever done, every dark thought to pass through our minds. There have been many.
He doesn't punish us for those things, although He could. Instead, His perfect Son willingly took every one of our sins and carried them to the cross, where He died so that we can live.
When I fell in love with Jesus and thanked Him for taking my punishment, He blessed me to spend eternal life in heaven, with Him. I look forward to worshipping Him forever. He does that for every person who accepts Him. We don't earn or deserve it, we just receive it upon request. No strings attached, no fine print.
I didn't deserve to be miraculously healed of terminal cancer, but He freely spoke the word and cast all the cancer out of my body. "But grace was given to each one of us according to the measure of Christ's gift" Ephesians 4:7.
I transferred my old blog with lots of details from my family's journey with incurable cancer to this site. Please join it and spread the word of unceasinglove.com  

No comments:

Post a Comment