Sunday, April 13, 2014

Request

You all probably know that I can be a little sensitive on the inside, but outside I am not as gentle...so, I'm not sure how to express this request that might be touchy. Basically, I am writing a fictionalized version of my story and want to include a godly character who died of cancer at a young age. I feel very moved to base that character on a real person. One whose family would be blessed to share truths about her (or him) and to (hopefully) see the story in print one day.I don't have an agent or publisher yet but if God wants it printed it will be.
So, if you know of a person whose family might want to be involved in something like that, please have them contact me. Ideally the character will be based on a young woman who died of breast cancer, but the Lord could have someone else in mind. I would love for you to pass this request to people you know who might be interested, but do so prayerfully. I want people's involvement to help them heal or to remind them of other special moments, not to just relive the pain of their loss. To be really clear, please don't contact me with someone else's name because for something that might be difficult I don't want to surprise them with the question. Just have them consider the opportunity and reach out if they want to be involved.
...And this probably doesn't need to be said, but let's not ask people who are still alive because the Lord might still heal them!
So...that's my awkward request. Thanks in advance!

1 Chronicles 16:12 "Remember His wonderful deeds which He has done, His marvels and the judgments from His mouth."

1 comment:

  1. Send me an email Erin. My aunt can be that character.Blessings,
    Scarlett

    ReplyDelete