Saturday, March 3, 2012

One Answer

I always knew God had big reasons for allowing me to go through this storm. I may never know the full extent of purposes, and I don't really care anymore. But, there's one that He's been blaring at me for days now so I need to share.

I think, no, I KNOW that the way my story spread so quickly and inspired so many to pray was a big part of it. It always confused me because I'm not aware of much evidence in the Bible that indicates we need to get increased numbers of people to pray. That's why I waited awhile to beg for prayer and to work on getting all 50 states to pray. Now I see it (I think) through His eyes better. The point wasn't just that He was more likely to heal me if more prayed. He was always going to show Himself. It was to get as many people as possible to see it. Those who closed their eyes missed His glory!

I'll type the whole section of Paul's letter that will give context. The italics and caps will show my emphasis for today's point: 2 Cor 1:8-11, "We do not want you to be uninformed, brothers, about the hardships we suffered in the province of Asia. We were under great pressure, far beyond our ability to endure, so that we despaired even of life. Indeed, in our hearts we felt the sentence of death. But this happened that we might not rely on ourselves but on God, who raises the dead. He has delivered us from such a deadly peril, and he will deliver us. On him we have set our hope that he will continue to deliver us as you help us by your prayers. Then MANY WILL GIVE THANKS ON OUR BEHALF FOR THE GRACIOUS FAVOR GRANTED US IN ANSWER TO THE PRAYERS OF MANY."


No comments:

Post a Comment