Sunday, April 15, 2012

NOT Waiting to Exhale

I had my 9th Taxol treatment on Thursday, and also had my monthly meeting with Dr. Rassam. I will tell you it was surprising and disappointing when I mentioned some hip pain I've been having and Dr. Rasssam immediately told me it must be that my hip is filled with cancer. I had an x-ray and am awaiting the results.

It has been a difficult few days and I hope the challenge from it is in trusting God while I wait, not from the actual results. I think I've done considerably better during this waiting game than I would have in the past. My mind raced a few times Thursday when we first disccussed it, but God comforted me and helped me stay distracted.

I really wanted to keep all this quiet because I didn't want to give Satan and his minions the satisfaction of letting it affect me (or others). But I do feel prayer is so important in all this that I went public to ensure it was still well-covered in prayer.

I listened to a sermon last night that talked about the nature of God. He is not the one who comes to kill and destroy. He does not enjoy watching us suffer. In fact, He sent His son to suffer in the short run so we wouldn't have to in the long run. That is the polar opposite of the enemy. Satan is the liar who tries to make us doubt God. 1 Peter 5:8-9, "Be sober-minded; Be watchful. Your adversary, the devil, prowls around like a roaring lion, seeking someone to devour. Resist him, firm in your faith, knowing that the same kinds of suffering are being experienced by your brotherhood throughout the world."

Satan wants me to be all bent out of shape about this cancer-scare, but with God's help I will not allow that. I will resist him and focus on remembering all the amazing things God has done for me. I will be anxious for nothing and trust in the same God who has gotten me this far. He is the same yesterday, today, and tomorrow, and my faith will remain steadfast throughout.

James 4:7, "Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you."

2 comments:

  1. Praying for your hip pain to subside and your hip to be gloriously cancer-free. And praying that you would be surrounded by His glorious peace.

    ReplyDelete