Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Emergency Prayer!!!

We'll finish up that 21-day challenge another time...

I have a friend who prayed diligently for my healing and Satan has been attacking her health. Now it's really bad. She is very faithful and seeks Him first, doesn't panic or fear. But this one is a true emergency. I know, without a doubt, that the Lord will use it for His glory and He will fix it.
Anyway, she has four young children and has lost vision in one of her eyes. After various tests they realized today that it is a brain tumor, the size of a thumbnail, sitting on her optic nerve. We don't know if it's malignant or benign, either way it's a huge problem. We will not worry, we will not doubt, we will declare the name of the Lord and praise Him in advance for his sovereignty over this situation. I've heard stories like this, good and bad. But I'm not going to speculate. I'm going to pray. And believe. And then start it over again. 

She has another test tomorrow at 11am. Please pray fervently for her. I can't tell you how urgent and odd I feel about it. I know He is going to fix it. I know it's going to be for His name. So we can all rejoice together about it. But it's a lot easier for me to believe and expect that than for her and her family to do so. I'm sure her kids don't know much and she's going to have all those same fears and problems that we do. You want to assure them that the Lord will heal you because you are trying to claim it. But you don't want to lie to them! And again, you want them to be prepared for the worst but that's sort of undoing the faith that you're stretching to believe you'll be healed. And on. And on. These are lies from the enemy but in the midst of all this it's hard to discern.

Faith is hard. Pray for hers. Brain tumors are hard. Pray for that (I won't say "hers" because it is a foreign, demonic object). We rebuke Satan and his demons from the role they are playing in her destruction. We bow down to allow the Lord to rise up above us and reign supreme in her body. Pray that, even if her vision doesn't come back suddenly to show she's been healed, He just does it. I will go so far as to pray that the tumor disappears and is gone for tomorrow's test. None of this enduring through it all. Let's just clear her brain now and there is nothing problematic or cancerous in her body. Pray He fully restores her sight and relieves any other symptoms she struggles with. Pray the Holy Spirit takes over her brain and her body so there is no room for the demons to return (Mth 12:43)

He replied, "Because you have so little faith. Truly I tell you, if you have faith as small as a mustard seed, you can say to this mountain, 'Move from here to there,' and it will move. Nothing will be impossible for you."

1 comment: