Friday, January 17, 2014

ANOTHER MIRACLE

I started this post earlier with many, many paragraphs about myself. I was going to lead into how He does these amazing things to bring me out of the selfish state I'm normally in. Took me hours to realize that I'd done it again. Just the idea of talking about myself for a few paragraphs in light of His miracles shows I'm STILL IN THAT SELFISH STATE. 
James 3:13-15 "Who is wise and understanding among you? Let him show it by his good life, by deeds done in the humility that comes from wisdom. But if you harbor bitter envy and selfish ambition in your hearts, do not boast about it or deny the truth. Such "wisdom" does not come down from heaven but is earthly, unspiritual, of the devil."

So, more importantly than any lessons I'm learning or struggles I face, God is good. Always. He is good in the bad times. Good in the good times. Funny frequently, not sure why the Bible doesn't mention that outright. No matter what, He is. And today, He did it again. It's almost unfathomable and honestly, it was the last thing I expected to hear today. But that's because no matter how "close" I am to the Holy Spirit, I am not THE Holy Spirit, and really have no idea all the awesome things He's doing...and just to be clear, neither do you. I don't care how much intuition you have. It's still intuition, not truth.
Job 11:7 "Can you discover the depths of God? Can you discover the limits of the Almighty?"

(Please note that the original post called this stage 4 cancer but I have edited it to describe it better)
Today, we will rejoice with the rest of our Christian family that Crystal was HEALED of horrendous breast cancer. It was really, really bad. They diagnosed it as stage 3 which is technically curable, but they later said it was all up her spine, which would mean it spread and should have been stage 4. Once it's spread is when it's incurable, but I get the impression that the doctors never changed it to Stage 4. Either way, the treatments she was undergoing weren't working or even tolerable, so it wasn't the medicine that made the cancer disappear. I didn't get every little detail but she flew to Chicago for treatments at CTCA and everything bad happened. She was allergic to even mild treatments, there was an oozing tumor, even after all the strongest chemos and double mastectomy the cancer came back, more aggressive than ever. So they tried to radiate most of her torso just to kill off what they could and it caused crazy vomiting, which was so unusual the doctors thought it had spread to her brain. This Christmas she spent the day vomiting and praying that there wasn't cancer in her brain. But today, January 17, she is praying thanksgiving to the Lord above who healed her entirely. The PET scan showed no cancer at all. Anywhere. Because men can't. But God can...And God did...And God does...And God WILL...
"The Lord has done great things for us...we are glad" Psalm 126:3

A brief update on my friend--she is a friend of MANY in Tallahassee, and gives of herself lavishly for the name of the Lord-- the brain tumor is not cancerous, but it is at the base of her brain stem and she needs immediate brain surgery to get it removed. She's awaiting the schedule so please keep praying. We are thrilled that it is not cancer but brain surgery is a big, big, big deal for mere humans. Not too big for the trinity though.
Philippians 2:13 "For it is God who works in you to will and to act in order to fulfill His good purpose."

Please keep praying for Barbara, too. The endometrial cancer attacking her body improved but a mass in her lungs is growing. She is awaiting biopsy results of it today. I'd like to pray that it's just not even cancer and disappears. But no matter how God chooses to heal her, we just pray that He does it for His glory and so Barbara and the whole family can continue to praise His name for many days to come!

Let's keep praying, He is LISTENING and MOVING! He cares about His people!

3 comments:

  1. Praise God! , thats why I love coming to your blog. One of the few places where we can still see that Jesus is ALIVE and in the miracle bussiness stil. You are a chosen one. Never forget. Blessings,
    Scarlett

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praise JESUS!!!!!! So AWESOME, HE got all the glory not man as you have said. Erin, I wanted to update you on another miracle in progress. As I mentioned my mom's blood cancer, "Multiple Myeloma," was coming back strong after a very very hard year of recovery from a stem cell transplant. I believe that with my mothers situation as well, Jesus wants all the glory.... and HE does get all the glory. Her blood results miraculously started getting better... she has another appointment in a month and I am praying that I will see God's glory in her healing. There are many non-believers whose salvation could God willing result from this, "including my skeptic brother." God cured me, HE cured you, and HE cured Crystal absolutely miraculously and many many countless others.... please continue to keep my mother Nancy in your prayers it means so much Erin. Thank you for being a light and for giving glory to the Lord. Love, Mandy Yoder xoxo!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Also Erin, please please pray for a young woman named Tamara who's cancer seems to be coming back strong. Please pray for a miracle for this woman of God... and peace and comfort for her family and friends.

    ReplyDelete