Friday, December 30, 2011

Nail -scarred Hands

Well, hello there. The last time I posted I was talking about God's fatherly love. Right after that I ran out on an errand and caught 5 minutes of a sermon about that exact issue. It took me this long to sit down and catch the whole thing, and I'm so glad I did. God definitely set it up so I would catch that as confirmation of that type of love.

The sermon was by Adrian Rogers and it's called the Stars and Scars of Christmas. http://m.oneplace.com/ministries/love-worth-finding/listen/the-stars-scars-of-christmas-241045.html
There was a ton of good stuff in it, but the part that goes with Fatherly love is that Christ experienced so much pain on earth, and not only was Jesus fully God, God is also the father who had to watch it.

Something else I found very applicable to this situation is that Dr. Rogers mentioned when we have physical pain, our whole body compensates and comes to the rescue. Like if you break your arm your other arm and muscles help to let the bad one recover. I strongly believe that is going on with the body of believers (and tons of nonbelievers) helping our family right now. I have never seen a community reach out like this and it's amazing. Romans 12:4-5 says, "Just as each of us has one body with any members, and these members do not all have the same function, so in Christ we who are many form one body, and each member belongs to all the others." This is really big to me because I've been wondering why God is putting us on so many people's hearts. There may be many other reasons, but demonstrating truth from the Word is a good one. It reminds me that the rest of it is true, too. I've said it before, but my family and I are so grateful for the outpouring of love and concern from everyone. Next to the stage 4 diagnosis it is the biggest surprise of my life. And it is definitely the best one.

Deuteronomy 7:9 "Know therefore that the Lord your God is God; He is the faithful God, keeping His covenant of love to a thousand generations of those who love Him and keep His commandments."

2 comments: