Saturday, January 28, 2012

Love

I know a lot of you have been waiting for an update and I really appreciate the prayers and concern. It turns out we won't find out what the PET scan showed until Thursday. I thought waiting that long might kill me, but it's not so bad. The truth is that in the grand scheme of life, God's plan, and PET scans, it doesn't matter. God could choose to use that as a demonstration of His power and love, or He could use it to show that we need to cling to Him harder, pray more. Love more. Because above all else, God is love. He has been forever, and will be for always.

I think I forgot about love lately. I've been increasing my efforts to be really present with the kids and Yaacov, so there have been times that God hit me over the head with it. Like the other day when Naomi was napping. I normally try to rest at that time so Abi takes quiet time but instead we sat outside on a blanket, enjoying the beautiful day God created, and talked about important 4-year-old girl issues. It was so much more meaningful and memorable than anything else I could have done. 1 John 4:8, "Whoever does not love does not know God, because God is love." God made that day. That child. Gave me the time to enjoy it. Yes, God is love.

1 comment:

  1. So, so lovely. What a precious illustration of God's love. We continue to lift you all up.

    ReplyDelete